Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chocolate Ravioli

Chocolate Ravioli


Miss Yunks’ best friend spent a weekend in Washington, D.C. and brought back some treats.

She asked if I’d ever had chocolate pasta, and I had. But, it was dry chocolate pasta swirls purchased in LA. J was offering fresh chocolate ravioli filled with cream. Go ahead, twist my arm. I knew these would be special when I saw the package and read the ingredients. Chocolate pasta filled with chocolate, cream cheese, and ricotta. Yum! You’d think chocolate ravioli would make an exciting dessert. Well, you’d probably be right. I chose to have them for breakfast on a recent snow day as a special indulgent treat. And, because I just happened to have leftover homemade whipped cream, I spooned out a dollop. The filling is very rich, like a chocolate cheesecake enveloped in a chocolate pasta blanket. The whipped cream was absolutely necessary to balance the chocolate. If you get the chance to eat chocolate ravioli, don’t pass it up! Thanks for spoiling me, J!

Related Article



No comments:

Post a Comment