Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake



In my household, Father’s Day has always been about family and simplicity.  We kids have grown and left the nest, but we always make it back to River Edge on the third Sunday in June to spend the day with dad.  For as long as I can remember, my dad has enjoyed nothing more than a relaxing afternoon with his three daughters and for that we make an extra effort to be all present.

Instead of ties we give hugs, and humorous cards are more welcome than the latest gadget or book about the history of baseball.  We know that our appreciation means more to him than anything we could buy, which is why my gift to dad this holiday will be a warm chocolate chip coffee cake baked with love.
I found this recipe while browsing through those addicting food blogs and thought it was perfect for a Sunday brunch.  I was right.  The second I put this in the oven the entire house was overcome by the delicious smell of brown sugar and cinnamon.  What could be more inviting?

I recommend this dish for the upcoming holiday or any get-together you are
hosting.  This cake is great for breakfast, as a snack or dessert.  Pair it with coffee, tea or a big glass of milk and enjoy.

Related Article



No comments:

Post a Comment