Sunday, December 12, 2010

Chocolate bliss cheesecake

Chocolate bliss cheesecake

I made my first cheesecake last night. As usual, I’ve discovered a few things. First, NEVER give a 5-year-old Oreo cookies to divide up without realizing she is likely going to lick off all the frosting rather than scoop it off with a spoon. Second, a springfoam pan is VERY useful (until yesterday, I didn’t even own one). And last, it’s important to WATCH the cheesecake cook the last few minutes.
I won’t say the attempt was a disaster. In fact, I brought some in and, unless they’re lying, my coworkers said it tasted good. (Being the holidays, the could be lying). But it did crack in the baking process, so it wasn’t the prettiest cake on the block.
Once again I completely destroyed my kitchen. My husband came home late and discovered the big kids still awake. When he asked why, I pointed to the mixer with cheesecake and chocolate.
“Why are you doing this to yourself?” he asked. “Don’t you remember that ‘Julia’ movie?”
Ha! I guess I didn’t remember the stress Amy Adams displayed as her character tried to cook daily.
Yea, I pretty much looked like that.
But if you’d like to try and make Chocolate bliss cheesecake, here’s the recipe . (I think I’m switching back to cookies!)

Related Article



No comments:

Post a Comment