Sunday, December 12, 2010


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti

Chocolate Indonesia #1

Thanks for taking the time to visit LifeasMOM. As another busy mom, I understand that your minutes are precious. If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed or receive free updates via email. Thanks for visiting!

As you know, our freezer is bursting with Christmas cookies. Every few days I pull out a box and we munch to our hearts content. The kids and I had a great time baking a few weeks ago.

My kids love baking Christmas cookies and in years past, I’ve put it off and felt guilty about it. It’s amazing how much stress that took off me to get all the baking done ahead of time.

Since FishChick2 was diagnosed with allergies to egg whites and nuts, we’ve made some changes in our baking. Not all of the recipes I used were egg free, but we’re going toward a nut-free household. Just for sanity’s sake. (pun intended)

Anyway, one of my husband’s favorite cookies is Biscotti. So, we made Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti

I took my Chocolate Almond Biscotti recipe and tweaked it, ever so slightly. When I pull these babies from the freezer, we might just drizzle them with chocolate, just for fun. Bwahaha!

These cookies are crispy, crunchy, with just the right amount of chocolate nuggets to bite into. Delish! Come on over!

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti

3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 3/4 cups unbleached flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300°. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment or a silpat mat. In large bowl, beat eggs and extract with hand mixer. Blend in sugar. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix to blend. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into one long log down the center of parchment. Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Leave oven set to 300°. Wait 5-10 minutes, then slice large cookie log crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices on cookie sheets and bake for 25 minutes. Turn cookie slices over and bake another 25 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Related Article



No comments:

Post a Comment